A new university hospital
A profoundly redesigned architectural organization to improve the response to patient needs.
Together, let's build the university hospital of tomorrow!
- Grouping services around platforms to streamline the process by bringing the professional to the patient.
- Thinking about architecture around hotel quality (individual rooms) , the layout of spaces (vegetation of exteriors, direct access to light in all spaces) , and the human dimension from reception to the room of the patient.
beds and places
operating theater rooms
medical imaging rooms
A state-of-the -art
- In 2026 , the surgical and interventional activity platforms will make it possible to develop the use of the latest minimally invasive techniques, robotics or artificial intelligence.
- The grouping of biology will make it possible, thanks to automation , to better respond to emergencies and, through genomic sequencing , to improve the integration of prevention with diagnosis.
- Over the same period, imaging will be the subject of investments in order to improve equipment and enable a digital transformation of imaging activities and the use of latest-generation equipment.
- From 2023 , the pharmacy will benefit from modernized platforms and equipment, in particular storage and distribution, and an innovative preparation platform, a reference in western Normandy.
An evolution of the capacity adapted to the needs of the territory
- Maintaining current hospitalization capacities, while adapting to the aging of the population
- Increase the number of outpatient places
- Create an additional critical care unit
- Streamline downstream care through a follow-up care and medicine center on the Clemenceau site, which is intended to be more open to the city
A digital shift for all medical, care, administrative, logistical and technical activities
Generalize the fluid and secure sharing of health data between professionals and users
Put in place , in the short term, new solutions that should simplify the patient experience and the exercise of professionals (mobile application for monitoring and making appointments, administrative management, etc.).
- In the medium term, improving the collection, quality and availability of health data will open up new fields of application for research,
diagnosis and care (data warehouse, data processing technique , innovations, etc.).
environmentally conscious building integrating sustainable development approaches
The site is part of a High Environmental Quality certification which aims to:
- Controlling the impacts of a building on its external environment;
- The preservation of natural resources;
- Creating a healthy and comfortable indoor environment for building users.
This approach extends throughout the establishment project through reflection on eco-responsible organizations and practices: waste management, sustainable mobility, energy efficiency with the use of renewable energies, the use less energy-consuming materials, green roofs or even eco-responsible catering.
The attention paid to the expectations of patients, users and families is reflected in the entire establishment project, both through reflection on accessibility, the simplification of administrative processes and the development of the experience. patient.
What are the next steps ?
March / April 2023
Arrival of the first crane to launch the shell of the main operation.
End of April
LPA building , gradual move-in (logistics then administration then pharmacy)
From May 2023
Asbestos removal and demolition of the current general store
From July 2023
Beginning of the elevations of the walls and floors of the main operation. This stage lasts 1 year.
Opening of the dentistry building
End of October 2023
Opening of the 850-space silo car park